Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Cone Project

As many of you know, Ed Cone is the Big Fish in the Little Pond of local blogging. As you probably also know, he has an insufferably large and undeserved ego that is increasingly out of control.

His standard procedure to control those who expose his nonsense takes several parts:

First, he attempts to pigeon hole those who disagree with him.

Next, he tries to schmooze them.

Finally, he tries to marginalize them.

As I've noted over at The CA, he's taken to deleting my comments.

Here's the first step I will take in handling it.

I will continue to leave appropriate comments on Cone's blog. When he deletes them, I will post them here, after posting a link to the comment to which I was responding.

Feel free to comment here and on his blog regarding the situation.

Others need to be made aware in depth of this cretin's methods and behaviors.

5 comments:

  1. Well, it is his football, and he can decide the rules of the game.
    However, his credibility suffers when he selectively deletes posts. Of course, he mostly preaches to the choir over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you can stay away. I found I wrote better stuff when I ignored what was going on over on his site. There also seemed to be a decrease in traffic over there. Cone needs agitators to generate hits. Cut him off, and his numbers suffer. I suspect that is why he goes for quantity over quality- so he can keep throwing stuff out hoping someone will bite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're probably right, Sam.

    He's actually not worth the trouble, unless you want to do it for sport.

    These days, I'm really just a little too busy to do justice to the task of making his miserable inconsequential existence even more miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys said it a different way...but YES...both of you have better talent.

    ReplyDelete