1. Higher costs.....more like $6000 per car (unsubsidized), not $600.
2. Lower profit for auto companies. No Big Deal for subsidized Government Motors (GM), UAW Benefit Manufacturing (Chrysler), but bad news for Little Orphan Motors (Ford).
3. No reduction of foreign oil.
4. Consumers not better off financially.
5. Reduction of real world safety on the roads.
6. And last, no reduction in "greenhouse gas", to solve the non-existent climate crisis the True Believers think we're headed for.
So where's the benefit?