Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Did this song get sung (or will it get sung) at a GCS 5th Grade graduation?

I received some information that the following song was performed, or will be performed, at the Jamestown Elementary 5th Grade graduation ceremony.

Dear Obama

(Solo – spoken)

This is a letter to Barack Obama…it’s our way of saying thank you.


(Solo – spoken)

Thank you for showing me that no doors are closed.

I have the power to control my own future.


(Solo – spoken)

Thank you for showing me that I can stand tall and be proud of who I am.


(Solo – spoken)

You have given us strength, courage and hope.

And for that we all say Thank You!


(Verse 1)

Dear Obama, Hear us sing

We’re ready for the change that you will bring.


Going to shine the light for the world to see, to spread peace hope and democracy.


The time is now bring our troops home. Iraq can stand strong on its own.


And fight for healthcare for the young so that coverage is available for everyone.


And it’s time to find renewable ways to fuel our needs, so we don’t depend on Chavez and the Middle East.


We’ve got to stand up tall for the middle class and regulate the businesses that in the past got away with no oversight.


Doing things that we’re not right.


Giving loans and bad advice, expecting us to pay the price.


The change we need should begin today and Barack we stand behind you as you lead the way.


(Chorus)

Dear Obama – ba, ba, ba – Obama.


Dear Obama – ba, ba, ba – Obama.


You’ve broken down doors

No limits anymore

We all agree that Yes We Can

Dear Obama we must unite and pull together members of the left and the right



With terror threats bringing fear we hope our world you will soon hear


Diplomacy in Islaamabaad and please control Ahmidinejad.


With Hillary Clinton as your Secretary of State, your team has the opportunity to make.


The world will see us with adoring eyes.


And our popularity will rise.


Please pay off all our debts to China, and strengthen our forces against Al-qaeda.


You have the power to change education, giving our public schools some dedication.


Raising up teacher pay

Improving Schools in every state.


So every child can truly make it, in the steps that you have created.


(Chorus)

Dear Obama – ba, ba, ba – Obama.


Dear Obama – ba, ba, ba – Obama.


You’ve broken down doors


No limits anymore


We all agree that Yes We Can


(Solo – spoken)

And today is a new day where we can all see a new hope for our country.


And we know that all along your journey, people say mean things to you and about you.


But you never gave up and that gives us strength to never give up.


You are more than a President.


You are a role model, a father figure, and a man we can all look up to, and for that we say Thank You.


(Chorus)

Dear Obama – ba, ba, ba – Obama.


Dear Obama – ba, ba, ba – Obama.


You’ve broken down doors


No limits anymore


We all agree that Yes We Can


(Solo – spoken)

Sincerely, every child, every family, everyone…


Barack Obama – We Thank You!


"The time is now bring our troops home. Iraq can stand strong on its own.
And fight for healthcare for the young so that coverage is available for everyone"?

"We’ve got to stand up tall for the middle class and regulate the businesses that in the past got away with no oversight.
Doing things that we’re not right.
Giving loans and bad advice, expecting us to pay the price."?

"With terror threats bringing fear we hope our world you will soon hear
Diplomacy in Islaamabaad ...."?

"You have the power to change education, giving our public schools some dedication.
Raising up teacher pay."?

Can anyone verify that this did, or will,take place?

If so, who are the teachers and administrators responsible for this outrageous brainwashing?

Those who perpetrated this need to be gone from our school system.

NOW.

They have no business being in any position of authority over 11 and 12 year old kids.
#


5 comments:

  1. Bubba's Song:
    ---------------

    I am old and grumpy.
    I have no hope to offer, but I'll do my best
    To keep you tied to my failed past.
    I am a frumpy, grumpy grumpalump.

    Hope, you say? A better way?
    Hurumph, I say.
    Not if I have my way.
    I am a frumpy, grumpy grumpalump.

    My last breath is near, my dear.
    I could go out inspiring and encouraging, but I think not.
    I'll go down scolding, obstructing and complaining.

    It is all I know. All I have to give. I'm sorry, but I know I'll be ignored anyway.
    I am a frumpy, grumpy grumpalump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roch sees nothing wrong with material like that material being presented in a public school.

    Apparently, the politicisation of education is no big deal with him.

    Classic hypocrisy, stupidity, and denial.....that's something we've come to expect from people like Roch and those others who travel down his path of moral relevance, unthinking secularism, paired with academic and intellectual mendacity.

    It's just another day in the life for you, isn't it, Roch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess all those times of being made to pledge their allegiance to a piece of fabric "one nation, under god, indivisible" is starting to ring true to their spongy little minds. Maybe if they weren't indoctrinated so young, they would still have some brain power to see the BS behind this song.

    --brandonB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to investigate this myself... apparently, the origin of the song can be traced to a private school in Atlanta, GA: http://www.ronclarkacademy.com/news/news/dear-obama.aspx

    Whether it has been or will be sung in Jamestown, I don't know. Whether the school in Jamestown in public or private, I don't know. Looks like it's time to make some phone calls...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The school in Jamestown is public.

    The video linked on the Ron Clark Academy page "has been removed" according to You Tube.

    And still, morons like Roch, the great defender of non-existent Constitutional rights, will continue to blow it off.

    Anon, let us know if you find anything further.

    ReplyDelete