Friday, September 26, 2008

So the Dems want to"help out" THIS type of "victim"?

Thomas Lifson details the absolute entitlement mentality of those who whine about the unfairness of life.

Look at the drivel she uses as an excuse for her irresponsible behavior:

"The conservatives will try to tell you this crisis is only impacting irresponsible homeowners, who got into mortgages they could not handle. Wrong! If you own a house in any of the areas hit hardest by this thing, you are wasting money if you continue to pay for a worthless property. Many of us realize this, and we are walking away, mailing in the keys, saying 'thanks but no thanks for this bridge to nowhere.'

It was not easy to come to terms with this, to realize I would never recover that money. But once I did come to terms with it, I felt free, in charge of my own destiny and wallet. I was ready to walk away from the house, to propose a deed in lieu, or to foreclose if needed. [....]

After all, the bank loaned me $450,000 - and will end up making $600,000 on the deal, from my down payment, a year-plus of on-time mortgage payments, and the home sale for $405,000. But I will still be penalized. Make sense to you? Me neither. But oh f****ng well. The system is broken, and no one but Barney Frank seems to give a s**t about people like me.

So, think about this. I played by the rules. The banks did not. And, here I am, not only losing a massive amount of money, but being punished on my credit report for a housing transaction that, in the end, makes money for the lender. Twice. Because the lender will not only get my money, and the new owner's money, but also a bailout from the Federal government."

She "played by the rules"?

Uneffingreal!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I feel so bad for that poor progressive fool. Just kidding.

    Milo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think idiots like this are allowed to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused.If this person was loaned $450,000, and she says that the bank would make $600,000 from her down payment, one-year of payments and a sale of $405,000, then that would mean that she paid $195,000 in down payment and one-year of mortgage payments. I find it very hard to believe that this person actually laid out $195,000 here and is willing to walk away, rather than take a $45,000 loss on the house sale. someone needs to explain the finances of this transaction to me.

    I do agree, however, that Barney Frank understands it quite well.

    ReplyDelete