Sunday, August 10, 2008

Obama: Clueless about American History

Betsy Newmark has details.

Excerpt:

"But I think his remark when the little girl asked him why he decided to run for president and he gave this response.

'America is …, uh, is no longer, uh … what it could be, what it once was. And I say to myself, I don’t want that future for my children.'

As you watch the video, it’s clear that he formed his words carefully and was thinking about how to answer the little girl.

I’m wondering when is the time that Obama thinks that we were what we could be. It couldn’t have been when we had slavery. So that takes us to 1865. Itcouldn't be when we had states divided by terrible Jim Crow laws that segregated society and disenfranchised an entire race. So that takes us to the mid-1960s. It probably wasn't when we were divided and torn apart by the Vietnam War and racial violence. So that takes us to the 1970s. I doubt that it was when we were suffering devastating stagflation and seeing our hostages being paraded in front of the cameras. So that takes us to 1980. We’re left with the Reagan-Bush years. Is Obama yearning for Morning in America? Many conservatives remember that period with nostalgia; does Obama share that feeling? No, certainly not the 1980s, that decade of greed."

It's just one more element added to the overflowing amount of evidence why Obama is a terrible choice for President.

1 comment:

  1. An old Sam Cooke song comes to mind when I think of Obama and this incident. Obama wasn't thinking what to say to this young girl, he didn't have a telepromptor to tell him what to say. Without one the "great orator" is nothing but a stumbling, stuttering wannabe .


    Don't know much about history
    Don't know much biology
    Don't know much about a science book
    Don't know much about the french I took

    But I do know that I love you
    And I know that if you love me too
    What a wonderful world this would be

    Don't know much about geography
    Don't know much trigonometry
    Don't know much about algebra
    Don't know what a slide rule is for

    [Now we all know that Sam didn't sing this chorus this way but it fits just the same:]

    But I do know how to play the media.
    And if I get elected presidente'
    What a wonderful world this will be ( Well at least for me).

    ReplyDelete