I have been avoiding blogging about this issue here on Noteworthy, but it's obviously time to put all the questions that need to be asked in one place.
1. Why are some people accepting the RMA report as gospel, but give no credence to the Jerry Bledsoe information published in the Rhino Times, particulary in regard to the City Manager's motivation and handling of David Wray and the allegations against him?
2. Why is the N&R in denial about the highly unfavorable to David Wray coverage they gave us earlier this year, based on their leaked version of the RMA report?
3. What was the motivation for the original leak? The current series of leaks? Who stands to benefit from this whole mess?
4. Why are many on the City Council afraid to engage the public in discussions of the actual issues this situation engenders? Why do they continue to discuss only the issues that dance all around the edges of the actual issues?
5. How is this situation tied into other major issues, like the Truth and Reconciliation process, the Homestead failure, and the general discussion of a failure of partisan and non-partisan leadership in many areas of the community.
6. Why are so many people just flat out AFRAID of the events as they are currently unfolding, particularly in the blogosphere?